Thursday, July 24, 2008

In honor of 7-Eleven...

O.K. This is isn't going to be the review like most CHA reviews. I didn't see much of the new products, so I can't say I liked this line from this company, but I can tell you that this experience was about the people that I met and the connections that I made.

7 things I loved at CHA

1. The Rusty Pickle gals and guys- Alaina, Kim, Nanette, Brenda, Tasha, Eric, Lance, and Lynn. I loved being with them and working 'behind the scenes'. Seeing all the work, the hard, hard work that goes into putting this all together.

2. The Piggy Tales crew. I have been following this group around the country with CKC and I love seeing them! At CHA they were the first group that I saw on the show floor. We have a connection, a bond. Not sure where it all came from, but I love these girls {and Jeremy & Ryan}.

3. LSS owners. As different people came into the booth and ordered, I got to see the ins and outs of different scrapbook stores. They are all different. Some are off the beaten path, others are in downtown Hollywood. Some have karoake machines in their crop rooms and other are shabby chic with other paper crafts. I enjoyed talking to each of the owners & finding out what made their store tick. Now I have LOTS of stores that I want to go visit across the country. There were also so many store owners that were international! Dominican Republic, Brazil, Panama, Netherlands, England, Scotland, Norway, etc. I would love to visit these stores also :)

4. Meeting other designers. Hearing about what they liked, what they were working on. Everyone really inspired me. Seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I met Kristan, who also teaches for Rusty Pickle, and Emily from the Rusty Pickle Design Team. I was able to talk to Debbie S. and Ali from CKU-Chicago and I also saw several students from CKU - Bonnie, Kim, Becky, and Renee. I know I am forgetting someone....but I LOVED meeting you or seeing you again.
****Edited: I also FINALLY met Heidi Swapp. I got to talk to her for a bit...but didn't get a picture. She is everything everyone says.....and I introduced myself as her stalker's friend.
5. Taking a peek at some of my favorite companies. Basic Grey 'Ambrosia' ;
Piggy Tales 'Itsy Bitsy Spider' ; and our RP neighbor Cosmo Cricket 'Mr. Campy' & 'Haunted'. I also loved the new Pink Paislee, Crate Paper, & this new digital company that I found: Scrapblog.

6. Windy City Scrapbooking. We went to check out this LSS in the heart of Chicago. The owner, Kristine, and her employees Susan & Al, were FABULOUS! They were having a great Christmas in July sale and I was able to burn off some of that creative energy that had been building at the show.

7. Adventures, adventures, adventures! Driving with Lynn to Chicago & making a few stops along the way {ie: Panda Express, Maurice's, etc.}; getting lost going to Starbucks; dog poop in the car {sorry Lynn}; riding in the Express Lane all the way to Aurora {ok, maybe not THAT far}; the universe and who it revolves around; cleaning the chocolate fountain; trying to find a 24 hr. Walmart {and ending up at Meijer}; knowing the secret behind the new T-shirt designs; slurpees all around; scrapping until 3 am, etc. {If I have forgotten one of our adventures, please remind me RP superstars.} Overall it was some good fun! A CHA that I will not soon forget.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! How can you not... surrounded by NEW products and fun people?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Ki-i-i-m, Happy birthday to you! Oh be so glad that this does not have audio! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say Happy Bday ;) Will I see you at CKU?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw Lynn's post so I wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday here from Iowa City!!!!! Shelley Haganman

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post makes me want to work more retail shows with you.... well almost! I had a great time and cannot wait to hang out again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...