Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Mercy Me!



Last Friday, my cousin, Mercy, and her husband, Hal, came by for a visit! They had been visiting the church history sights in Nauvoo and were passing through on their way to Kirtland, Ohio. After several cell phone calls for directions, they made it here! It was so fun to just sit around the table with them and just talk. It reminded me of when my aunts and uncles would come to our house on there way somewhere and my mom and dad would just sit around the table and talk. This short visit really made my day. Since I live so far away from all of my family, these little "stops along the way" really seem to get me through.


When I was younger, Mercy was always one of my cousins that I looked up to. We didn't live near each other, but whenever we visited Cedar City, she would let Kara and I hang out with her friends who were "older". She was fun and care-free, always happy and laughing. These are the times that I wish we lived closer, so our kids could know each other. Craig has already planned next time we come to Utah, we are going to visit Mercy and Hal's home.


Sorry, these pictures are blurry, but we gave the camera to Christian...and well, he has taken better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...