Monday, August 27, 2012

Week In Iowa

Photobucket

The day school got out for summer, we took a road trip to Utah for my sister's wedding. On the way we stopped in Davenport, Iowa. Yes. I know. It is out of the way, but that is how we like it. This was one of my favorite pictures from our week there. Best Friends. Priceless.

Photobucket

We had Whitey's ice cream about 5 times. Or more. I stopped counting.

Photobucket

We stayed with our friends again. The same friends I spoke about here. She is a keeper. A true friend.
Photobucket

We also really became attached to this Kona Ice truck. I really couldn't find a snow cone like it anywhere when we returned to Texas. It was awesome! {This was our last night there, so great to have our friends all come out to see us.}

Photobucket

And of course, we stopped in Des Moines for a visit with this family. {Look close, this photo includes the mamarazzi. I love it.}

I wasn't sure what this trip would feel like. Was it too soon to go home? Was it weird to see our home? Would this hurt instead of help the kids with the overall move to Texas? It wasn't any of those things. It was perfect! We can't wait to go back next year! Hey, it is only a day's drive...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...