Wednesday, January 20, 2010

cooking & baking...

When my sister was here over Christmas, we did lots of cooking & baking. {Probably more than she has done in a long time...hahaha!} We were so proud of ourselves because we made sugar cookies & frosting from scratch! No frosting from a can! And it was so good...we couldn't get over how yummy the cookies & frosting were...and we made them!



The kiddos loved rolling out the dough over and over again. And adding lots of flour to the table, rolling pin, cookie sheets, floor, we had flour everywhere!
Here are the recipes:
Sugar Cookies by Jaime Snarr
3 1/4 flour
1 tsp. soda
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sour cream
Mix wet ingredients then add dry. Roll to 1/4 inch thick. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 mins.

Buttercream Frosting {author unknown}
2 sticks of butter
4 cups powder sugar
1 Tbsp. pure vanilla
2 Tbsp. milk
pinch of salt
Thanks to my friend, she hooked us up with a fabulous sugar cookie recipe because I had misplaced my favorite sugar cookie recipe and I just couldn't call my friend with the no-fail sugar cookie recipe because she lives in Japan now....but that is another story.
Here is her recipe now that I have it again { and hopefully won't lose it}. It is a keeper too!
No-Fail Sugar Cookies by Kim Nelson
1 cup sugar
1 cup margarine {I use butter}
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 1/2 cup flour
3 tsp. baking powder
Mix wet and then dry ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I think I was inspired from above to look at your blog because I have been on the hunt for a perfect sugar cookie recipe to make for my girls' easter party that we are holding for about 30 of her dearest friends. (Yes, I said 30... plus their parents... insane.) I'm oh so grateful to have stumbled upon the recipes you used! Oh, and I saw your post about the headbands that you can use to cover your ears and I have one of those headbands for my oldest girl Avery and every time she wears it I get at least five moms asking me where I got it. Quilted Bear is a God send! I love your blog Kim... you're ridiculously talented!
    Jennifer Bowen Johnston (from PRIDE... yeah, back in the day!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...