Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Where Has the Camera Gone?





Just before we headed back to Iowa from Utah, Aunt Dana treated us to a day at Lagoon. If you are a local, you know all about Lagoon....the white roller coaster, Colossus, the swings, Pioneer Village, JetStar 2, bumper cars, etc. Sydnee wanted to ride EVERYTHING and Christian was a little more cautious. Sydnee rode the Wild Mouse twice with Mom and Christian LOVED the Flying Aces. Our favorite ride of all was Rattlesnake Rapids.
At the end of the night, Jordan and Taylor talked me into riding the new rollercoaster, Wicked. I was very nervous, but felt that I could handle it with my nephews by my side. We had to wait in line for about 45 minutes and didn't know if we would even get on before it closed. The anxiety was building and we did get on and it is the best rollercoaster I have ridden since Speed in Las Vegas.
In the midst of all the excitement, I forgot to take my camera, with all of my pictures from the last two weeks, out of my pocket. Yikes! It had flown out somewhere between the 55 mph shot into the sky and the corkscrew. I was in tears! Luckily, the lady at the Lost and Found booth said that I had a 5% chance of finding the camera, much less the memory card. Thank goodness for Dana's quick thinking, Taylor and I went back to the coaster just after close when they were scoping out under the ride to find all of the lost items. There was a line of people waiting for their wallets, hats, cell phones, etc. We waited in extreme anticipation. The girl approached the desk with armloads of stuff and MY CAMERA and all of it's exterior parts was included. All I could do was hug her! The camera was in bad shape, but luckily the memory card was jammed inside. Phew! All of our vacation pictures were saved! Lucky, lucky day.

3 comments:

  1. wow I cannot believe that happened to your camera!! thank heavens you got the pictures, bummer about the camera though.
    That is fun you guys went to Lagoon, I will always remember our lagoon day with you and craig when you were preggo with Ella. that was really fun and rattle snake rapids will always be my fav, we got soaked! Miss you guys already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart just sunk, when you said you lost your camera!! I think I would have been in tears, I am so glad you found it!!!
    Can't wait to see you!!! We should be in Davenport the evening of the 31st, but I will call you when we get close and let you know a time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want you to know I turn on your blog when I want to get into a good mood cause of your great music. would make a really great mix tape hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...