Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pinterest Baby Steps

Just like the rest of the world...I love Pinterest.  I feel so inspired while I am on there and have a list of recipes, organizing ideas, home decor tips, scrapbooking layouts, crafts, etc. etc.... that I want to make.  As soon as I walk away from all the inspiration, I don't feel like starting a new project or getting very creative.  It is weird.  It is like when you eat cotton candy, it looks so light, fluffy, and yummy; then when you make it all night at a school carnival or let your kids take 3 bags of it home from the skating party (true story) and you have had your share of it, it makes you sick. Sugar overload.
Pinterest overload.
The key to pinterest for me is I have to walk away and DO SOMETHING, ANYTHING! And I felt so happy when I did.
 friend of mine had a challenge on her blog to actually make something that you see on Pinterest and since I have pinned many yarn-wrapped wreaths, I thought I should give it a try.
One thing I learned from the yarn wreaths: It is a pretty simple task to wrap the yard around the styrofoam base, but it.takes.forever.  I should have timed myself, but I would estimate you could watch at least 2 episodes of Downton Abbey on DVR while wrapping. Maybe 3.
The felt flowers were also a first for me.  I have made 143,957 flowers out of paper, but very few out of felt.  My love for felt came last year when I was teaching for Technique Tuesday and one of our classes was how to make a dozen different flowers in 1 hour. Everyone loved it. We used felt as one of the mediums for our flowers.  It was a hit.  I know this isn't the greatest picture, but Instagram is about all I am using right now for photo-taking.  If you have any other questions about Pinterest or this project, please email me or leave a comment. Thanks Crystal for the challenge!

Here is a link to my PIN of a yarn-wrapped wreath on Pinterest.
I also have a board on Pinterest where I have tried a few recipes and loved them. They will make another appearance at our dinner table.
Happy Pinning!

3 comments:

  1. Kim that is super cute!!!! I just love all of those little flowers. I think I need to try making one of these too. I'll let you know how it turns out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't pin because I don't Facebook. Alas I only look. Wreath looks great. Been so resistant to felting because I had a old manager that was really into that was a horrible human being. She made me sick so hence a bad taste in my mouth for felting. I need to get over it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute wreath. I have never tried felting. I had a old manager that was was really into it but she was a horrible person. So whenever I see or think of felting I think of her. I need to reset my thinking.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...