Sunday, February 25, 2007

My O Experience (Part 1)

Well, I don't really know where to begin. It was Wednesday afternoon and Candi, my friend from the scrapbooking world, called to see if I wanted to go to the Oprah show. All I could do was scream. Had I just won the lottery? I have know Candi for several months through the LSS and she didn't know of my obsession with Oprah and my dream of going to her show. Candi then explained that we needed to leave at 3:00 am to arrive for the taping at 6:00 am. There were also a few rules:
*No "all" beige or "all" white
*Bring your photo ID, this is your ticket into the show
*"Downsize" your purse

So I left my house at 2:00 am to drive to Candi's house in Silvis, IL. I arrived early, so we were on the road by 2:30 am. Here is a photo of Candi driving. "I am ready for my close-up, Ms. Winfrey."

I also met two new friends: Christi, Candi's sister-in-law, from Des Moines; and Jodi, Candi's friend from Western Iowa. They had been driving since 8:30 pm Wednesday night!
This photo is pretty dark, but this is at 5:00 am when we arrived at Harpo Studios. We got there early so we were one of the first people in line. We found out later, when they started calling people to go into the studio, that this didn't really matter......they call you by "parties" and it is who's who in the Oprah world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...