Monday, July 2, 2012

Senior Show Choir Album

 Before I left Iowa, my friend asked me to create a Senior Album for her daughter's graduation that highlighted the 3 years she had been in Show Choir.  {The album cover was created by Candi at The Vinyl Studio.}
 After we moved to Texas & things settled down a little bit, I went to work on the album. It was alot of work, but each time I would pull everything out to work on it, I would remember this wonderful girl & her family, and it would make my heart heal just a little from having to move so far away from them & all our other friends in Iowa.

 To keep the cost down, and focus on the photos, I kept the design & embellishments to a minimum. Sometimes with all the scrapbook designs I see on the internet, I feel that the photos take a back seat to the products. I know there is a purpose for selling products, etc. but when I was working on this album, I really came back to the basics of why we do this. To remember.
I used the songs that were sung each year by the Show Choir as the titles for each layout. I thought this might be a way that as she was looking at the album, memories would come flooding back. Music has such a way of bring back memories. Don't you think?
 


 Here are just a few of the layouts. I think there was a total of 36 pages??? Thanks to my friend who took these photos for me. I sent the book in a hurry to get there in time for the party, then when I was in Iowa I forgot to take photos of the pages too! So she saved the day.
This last photo was an Instagram I took of the last page of the album. I do wish Makayla all the best with her future! It looks so bright! I was happy to be able to attend her graduation party with my kiddos,it was such a sweet day & we were so happy to celebrate with her & her family!

1 comment:

  1. The album looks beautiful, I'm sure she loved it and will cherish forever! You know, I feel the same way when I some layouts on the internet... beautiful work, but the picture is sometimes hard find, with so many embelishments. I try to keep the picture as the main "attraction" in my layouts, and the interesting is that when people that don't scrapbook see my albuns, sometimes they don't even notice the papers and embelishments, they comment on the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...