Tuesday, August 2, 2011

You Can't Handle The Truth!

I had an experience in June that was really not fun, not fun at all.  To make a long story short, I was being sued for an accident that I was in 7 years ago.  This finally went to trial mid-June.  Wow. 3 days of one long Seinfeld episode: a trial about NOTHING!!
I was so grateful for my families' support during this time.  Craig kept the home running with all the kids.  My sister came to court with me during the trial, and several family members came from far away to see me and show their love. I stayed with my SIL during the 3-day trial, and she was such a blessing to me.  My nephews were also there and they kept my nerves calm with some humor.  Before the first day of the trial, we were quoting the Jim Carrey movie; Liar, Liar courtroom scenes.  They had me laughing so hard.  And my nephews also suggested that the day I took the stand I needed to channel Jack Nicholson's character from A Few Good Men:
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
Even though this experience did not turn out in the best way.  I am grateful for all those that 'had my back' and helped me through it, especially the humor.  Thanks everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry you had to go through that, but I am sure it is nice to have it over and done. Had to go through several awful court things after Kris passed because of some traffic things... it was such a pain, but such a relief to have it over.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...