Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First Day



What a bittersweet day.  After school everyone gave a few highlights:

Christian had a hot dog and milk for lunch.
I responded with: "Is that all you ate??"
CG: "Oh and some apples mom, some apples too." {Yeah, right.}

Sydnee saw a friend from 1st grade that has returned to her school for 4th grade.  One of her teachers was grumpy, but it wasn't the teacher that she thought was going to be grumpy.  That one was really, really nice.

Ella has the best teacher, "evah".  And she has to stay late at school on Wednesday, until 3:20.  She is also getting a locker on Wednesday.

My highlight was walking to the bus stop at the end of the day and seeing them get off the bus.  I know it is a simple thing, but something that I love.  We shared some Twizzlers on the walk home.

8 comments:

  1. A teacher grumpy on the first day should probably retire :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pic. I'm looking forward to the first day of school stories too I still have a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your story. I took Winston to his very first day of pre-school today. It was bitter sweet. I can't wait to scrap my pics from this day. Thanks for sharing your pic and story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! They all look so grown up! Love the bit about the Twizzlers. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girlie!! Thanks for stopping by my little blog. So excited you found me on Pinterest. YAY! I just posted a Tut on the T-shirt quilt, if you wanna stop by. Thanks again for the loves. Smooches!

    Jennie {Cinnaberry Suite}

    http://cinnaberry-suite.blogspot.com/2011/08/t-shirt-quilt-tut.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great day. I miss you my friend. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...