Friday, August 3, 2007

Two People...Two Days






On Monday, I drove to Nauvoo, Illinois with the girls to see the AMAZING Lisa Bendall. Now if you remember, we go way back to my student-teaching days. I was the student-teacher and she was the mentor. She taught me so much more about life than just how to teach 3rd graders. We had a connection from the start. I have not seen her since I moved to Iowa so this was an amazing time to spend together, even though it was very short - three hours! Her darling daughter, Alisha, just got back from serving a mission for our church and her cute, cute son, Nate, is serving a mission as we speak! I am crossing my fingers that we can raise our three little ones to be people who love others and love life. I see this in Lisa's two, and I know that she was the example for them. I can always count on Lisa to give me a boost whenever I need it and also give me a good book suggestion. Love ya, Lisa!

On Tuesday, I had the fantastic chance to see my cousin that I haven't seen for seven years! Anjuli and her husband, Joseph, drove through Davenport with their two little boys on their way to medical school in Maryland. Again, it was a short visit, but it didn't seem like time had passed since we last saw each other. We talked over lunch and then took everyone over to see the tractors and the John Deere Museum. You can't come to Iowa and not have your picture taken in front of the huge, bright yellow wheels!

1 comment:

  1. It was awesome to see you Kim!! And to give the boys a chance to run!!! I know Colin was quite taken with your older two!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...