Wednesday, April 11, 2012

In The Net - Photo Decor Project

I found this piece of artwork at Target on clearance a few weeks ago & thought it would be perfect to display some of Christian's soccer photos in his room. I had looked at purchasing a soccer mural from somewhere, but the one I really like I could not find anywhere {Basic Grey, did you ever produce your soccer mural??} I printed a bunch of soccer photos from last season and placed them on the board to get an idea of what pictures went well.
I then trimmed the photos. Some were also cut into circles to fit inside the circle design on the art piece. I still use my Fiskars circle cutter. I have had it forever and it does the job for me. I also wanted the edges of the pictures to be a little distressed, so I ran my Fiskars scissors over the edges to 'rough them up' a little bit.
To add a title, I used Pink Paislee wood letters blended with Fired Brick & Black Soot distress ink.

I then used Mod Podge to adhere the photos and Zip Dry glue for the wood letters.
This full project was completed in just a couple of hours. When the boy came home from school he was thrilled with it. That is all the compliment I need. It will look great in his room. Now every time I am at Target I will be looking for clearance art pieces!
Thanks for taking a peek at this project. It is the first of many that I am trying while figuring out what to do with all the walls in our new home.  It is fun to add 'a crafter's touch' to each little corner, in some way, and make it our own.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...